Allwinner V536 OpenHD port

Hi guys,

Don’t know if it is the right place, but I will describe my attempt to port OpenHD on an allwinner v536 board.
This chip can do HEVC/H265 encoding and have an SDK based on OpenWRT.

I am using a lindenis v536 SBC with its camera.
The objective is to develop on this SBC and to migrate on the SOM, which is only 50mmx50mm:
v536_SOM

Development ressources:

3 Likes

I made the following to work on v536:

• ath9k module for ar9271 wifi module.
  • gstreamer version 1.14.5
  • befinitiv wfb
  • consti10 wfb
  • encoding in h264 and h265

benchmarks
Times are measured glass to glass using a camera to capture a timer.
HEVC with default settings from Allwinner example application.

• v536 ----- ethernet (netcat) -------> PC: ~150ms
  • v536 ----- wfb befi -------> jetson: ~150ms (minimum: 100ms)
  • v536 ----- wfb consti10 -------> jetson: ~300ms (minimum: 260ms)

The result with consti10 confused me. To make a gstreamer pipeline work, it has been a lot of trial and errors.

I end-up in the following on v536 (sample_virvi2venc feed an named pipe ‘pipe_video’):

• cat pipe_video | gst-launch-1.0 fdsrc ! h265parse config_interval=-1 ! rtph265pay mtu=1024 config-interval=-1 ! udpsink host=127.0.0.1 port=5600 &
  • ./wfb_tx -k 8 -p 50 -r 2 -M3 wlan0 &
  • /usr/bin/mpp-sample/sample_virvi2venc -path ./sample_virvi2venc_pipe_h265.conf

On jetson side:

• sudo ./wfb_rx -r 2 wlan0
  • gst-launch-1.0 udpsrc port=5600 caps=“application/x-rtp, media=(string)video, clock-rate=(int)90000” ! rtpjitterbuffer ! rtph265depay ! h265parse ! nvv4l2decoder enable-max-performance=1 ! nv3dsink -e

Latency with consti10 wfb is not a showstopper, as latency could be tuned down at least at 150ms. So I will not spend more time on investigating it right now.

2 Likes

Some examples on videos sequences:

1 Like

Wow! impressive work!

I have just uploaded the modified SDK on github.

To build it, the lindenis wiki (Lindenis V536 - Lindenis Wiki) has to be followed, expect for the repo download:
repo init -u https://github.com/redwineproof/manifest.git -b openhd-poc -m lindenis-v536.xml

Wow, congrats!

About the latency, do you know the latency path? That is, the latency in each step?

KR

Wow, that’s really awesome ! I have AllWinner RockChip based Android PC Box.
I have been able to build image for OpenHD on Linux PC.

I am interested to test “befinitiv wfb” and “consti10 wfb”

1. Using Pi3B+ as GrounPi and AllWinner RockChip based Android PC on Air side.
  2. Using AllWinner RockChip based Android PC on ground and Pi0 or Pi3B in the air.
    How should I go about it ?