Broken Relay Mode

I tried to be clever, and it didn’t work.

In short, I am trying to drop multiple repeaters over a large distance as needed to maintain a connection from a rover to the ground station. From reading the thread above, I get the impression there are a few issues with the Relay Mode.

Therefore, before beginning to tackle the Relay mode problem, I thought it might be possible to extend the hotspot using off the shelf tech. I grabbed two AC Netgear Wi-Fi repeaters, made a quick Mod, so they ran off a wee battery, set them up, and got testing. As you can probably already guess, I didn’t get the results I was hoping for. Still trying to figure out an exact reason as to why not, but results are results.

Ok then, so back to the broken Relay mode. I don’t mean to be blunt, but just how broken is it? Would more than one even Relay Pi be possible without a massive overhaul?

I plan on doing some more testing today. Specifically working through setting up a relay Pi in the way described in another thread just to see what happens. I might not be the best technically capable person to solve this, but it is a need, so I’ll give it a shot. My goal is to determine the project’s whole scope or problem that needs fixing to better outsource to a developer.

It was a failure, but if you’re interested, here’s the Wi-Fi repeaters: