#Microlongrange OpenHD Edition

Hi CoperGUI, I have finally finished my nano build with the Asus Wifi card, I was wondering how you are powering the PI?

I am powering direct from the 5v line on the FC at the moment and the FC seems to be running warmer than I’d like. Just wondered if you had similar experience or are you using a seperate BEC.

Hi
I also use the 5V bec of my FC.
Mine also gets hot ~65* when sitting on the bench for a longer time. But that’s way inside the tolerance imho.
I don’t think using a external bec will make a difference.

But I made a small change to the config.txt to make it a little cooler:

arm_freq=800

over_voltage=1

Nice tip, many thanks again.

I have made some custom parts from TPU and obviously the Asus mount I’ll put up on Thingiverse in the next few days for anyone else thats interested in this build.

The TPCast board ordering was an experience, Its finally been shipped now so looking forward to testing that one out. If anyone else is interested in getting this board then my tip is to club together and get a few in the batch as the postage can knock the shine of the price if you only get 1 or 2. I’d certainly be interested in getting a few more for projects.

1 Like

Finally got delivery of the PI3 mini (Tpcast). Does anyone have a better pinout description than the picture CopterGUI uploaded, I cant really make out the text.

Hope you can read it better here😅

(Second picture gets power from below)

Amazing thank you, I have got it sorted now thanks to your assistance.

Thanks for sharing the pinout of the 3b mini board - I just got mine together. I see you’re powering yours from the FC BEC. What about the AC56 card - is it on the same 5v rail or it has its on BEC? Thanks.

Hi,
it’s on the same rail.
This FC has an 5V/2A BEC which I use exclusively for the OHD system.

Thanks.

Hello - did your Pi 3 mini board work right out of the box, connected as shown in the photo or you had to do some additional tweaks? Do the TX/RX pads need to be connected to your FC in order for the attached wifi card to be enabled/powered?
I have connected (switched between USB 1 / 2), it doesn’t turn on the card. Do any of the pads need to be bridged?

Yes it should work out of the box.
The WiFi card needs to be powered externally, if you have done that already you can try to switch D+ and D- and see if it helps.

It would seem like I got defective boards. I have swapped D-/D+ cables, checked camera cables, powered the wifi card from its own BEC… same result - card not turn on.

Hi Dan, I am suffering the same issues you are. Did you end up getting it to work? If so, what was the solution?

Hey, yes - I got it working. It was a connection issue. Check all the connections (camera cable , solder points, etc). If any one of them is loose, the wifi card doesn’t come on.