Open HD 4G lte by HUAWEI

From wiki,we know that Openhd can’t achieve RC control uplink if we use 4G LTE.But I know that someone uses socat to data Forwarding and GSTREAMER to video forwarding through OpenVPN on Raspbian.But the developer didn’t show codes for free(about 74$).So I just want to ask Stephen can we achieve this funtion?

This video is tester using 4G LTE by HUAWEI E8372.

1 Like

It might be disabled now though… I think lte might have been interfering with other stuff. Maybe Stephen will answer

I dont think anything is disabled, what’s going on?

there is no code or program. just 2 command lines… after you set the vpn up.

sudo socat udp-sendto:172.16.0.243:14550,reuseaddr FILE:‘/dev/ttyAMA0’,b57600,raw,echo=0

raspivid -n -w 1280 -h 720 -b 900000 -fps 30 -t 0 -o - | gst-launch-1.0 --gst-debug-level=0 -v fdsrc do-timestamp=1 ! h264parse ! rtph264pay config-interval=10 pt=96 ! udpsink host=172.16.0.243 port=5600

btw It will be great if there is another option for VPN except the zero tie, Like [pgyvpn.] (贝锐蒲公英软件客户端最新版官方下载,蒲公英联机组网平台软件下载 - 贝锐蒲公英官网)
@stephen would you like to add another VPN option like pgyvpn , It will be much faster than zerotie in china.

And forgot to tell you , which I did ,just not depends on openhd system, just two commnad lines.

BUT I am also a fans of OPENDHD .

I really hope @stephen can add this openVPN things into openhd program, IT will replace the zerotie In china.

and here is my video record of 4G video and telemetry with openVPN

Please see “Disco 4G LTE mod” for good, perfectly working LTE solutions with Huawei radios.