What WIFI adapters are compatible?

I have already visited the wiki but in the forums but in answers of the forum there are Wifi adapters not listed. How do you determine if Wifi adapter is valid or not?

Anything with an rtl8812au chip, an ar9271, or most Ralink chips will work.

If you can find and afford them, the Asus AC-56 cards are highly recommended, but there are others.

There are a few that would technically work but are either not compatible with a raspberry pi or which don’t quite work properly for one reason or another.

You may find cards that say they are rtl8812au chip inside but that are really rtl8812bu or similar, those are not worth the trouble at the moment.

I have a TP-Link AC1300 Archer T4U WiFi adapter with an RTL8812BU chip.
Thought the chip is supported, but unfortunately it doesn’t work. The adapter is recognized and the Air Pi sends blocks, but the Ground Pi does not establish a connection. Everything works with an Asus AC-56, but unfortunately it is too big for my planned construction. The board of the Archer fits perfectly to the size of a Pi Zero and the case I designed. Is there a chance to get this to work?
The card works partially on the Ground Pi, only the video image is displayed. But the communication to Air Pi doesn’t work.